Written By: James Beath, Chairman / Co-Founder & James Paquette, Vice Chairman / Co-Founder
Being at almost full employment, still leaves a lot of jobs unfilled. According to Richard Wahlquist, president and chief executive officer of the American Staffing Association, there are close to six million current open positions in the U.S. This demand is why the staffing industry is still growing and projected to grow for years to come. There are some misconceptions of staffing firms with how they operate and go about finding right talent for their clients.
Top 8 Misconceptions about Staffing Companies
- It is expensive to use a staffing company.
- It is cheaper to use a company vs. the production loss of a position not being filled.
- Businesses use all the same resume banks as staffing companies. –
- Good staffing companies / recruiters don’t fill positions from resume banks.
- We only have short term positions.
- We do have short term, but majority of positions offer the opportunity to go direct and we also have a lot of Direct Hire Positions.
- We don’t just send resumes.
- We have an extensive screening process.
- We don’t find jobs for people.
- We find people for jobs.
- We don’t call candidates knowing they are not a good fit.
- We call candidates thinking that all their responsibilities may not be on their resume. We don’t assume anything.
- We are not trying to put HR staff out of work.
- We are an extension of them.
- Reliance One is not a typical staffing company.
- We founded it on the basis of doing things the right way.
- Examples: We call candidates back, we are not afraid to tell candidates that they did / did not get a position, our recruiters build relationships with their candidates and are required to meet with every one of them.
Reliance One Inc. is a minority-owned, MMSDC-certified staffing corporation headquartered in Michigan with offices in Lisle, Illinois and Irving, Texas. Reliance One is focused on matching the ideal professional to a client’s specific needs for both long-term, short-term, or project based positions (including temporary, temporary to direct, or direct). Our sales and recruiting teams can be reached at 248-922-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional media support, please contact: